Monday 7 January 2013

My new toy.... The Bellini!!

Yes I have a new toy!!!

Its the Bellini Intelli Kitchen Master!

Its actually my Christmas / Early Birthday present!

I've just used it for the first time and it was awesome!!!

I decided to do Banana Custard as my hubby bought it for me and thats his favourite.

 
So "what is it?" I hear you say.
 
Well its kinda like a Thermomix (if you know about them) - but a lot less expensive (and probably does a lot less stuff)
I wont compare it to a Thermomix though, as I don't really know much about them.
 
My Bellini is an all-in-one food prep / cooker thing. It doesnt cook everything but you can steam veg / cook rice / cook custard (see photo above) etc. You just add the ingredients and it does it for you!
 
I am actually the worst and I mean WORST custard maker in the world. I've been making custard for about 10 years or so now, and I can never get it right. So without thinking I chose to make custard in the bellini. I was a bit scared as it is an unfamiliar machine, but I thought custard shouls be easy enough....well......it actually was. It was really easy.
I had a mini freak out towards the end as i could hear it sloshing and I thought it was just going to be liquid....but it wasnt! it worked!!! SO proud of myself (and the machine).
 
So all I had to do was pour it out, top with banana and coconut and leave in the fridge for desert!
 
Hope it tastes ok!!

No comments:

Post a Comment