Monday 7 July 2014

Scrappy Houses!

 
I'm on a mission!
 
A mission to use up all my scrap fabric!
I'm not sure about you - but I have HEAPS - and I don't want it to go to waste.
This little project is one that I finished a few months back but I wanted to share it with you all.
Please forgive the 'roughness' and 'crinkles'. Lets just pretend the 'roughness' was on purpose, and the wrinkles......well I was too lazy to get the iron out!
 
But have no fear, after the project was finished, I ironed the whole lot!
So here's the progress shots!



 
The bit that I really loved most about this project was adding all the little embellishments. I used buttons, little hand stitches, and ribbons which I think just helped to finish it off!




Ta daa!!!! It's now hanging proudly in my dining room. What do you think? Since I took this picture I have added a little owl button to the tree, and I have some mushroom buttons waiting to be added too! I think it is going to be a work in progress!









3 comments:

  1. That looks so good and you have made it look and sound easy. I can only do easy when it comes to sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Yes it was really easy! and you don't need sewing skills! As long as you've got a way to hold it all down - (glue, iron-on-bonding web etc) . If you give it a go make sure you leave me a link to it! I'd love to see!

      Delete
  2. Nice ...
    i want ..
    :)
    You asked for comments and follow my blog
    http://putyourheartshere.blogspot.com/2014/07/jessica-simpson-weds-eric-johnson-so.html

    ReplyDelete